Mold is everywhere, inside and out, floating through the air looking for moisture and its next food source. Molds are microscopic fungi that feed on organic material and aid in the decomposition process. High humidity and water problems can lead to mold growth through your house.
According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) six verities of mold are common, and three can produce toxins that are harmful to humans. Mold may cause health hazards in some individuals because it produces allergens, irritants, and mycotoxins. If inhaled or touched, mold, can cause asthma attacks, nasal congestion, red eyes, rashes, headaches, dizziness, numbness, fatigue, tremors, and breathing difficulties.
Mold is usually a symptom of a bigger issue. If your home has moisture or ventilation problems it is likely mold exist in your basement, crawlspace, attic, and living areas. MHI provides comprehensive inspections and testing to identify moisture and mold issues.
If you are concerned about a potential mold problem in your home, Contact MHI at 703-590-4411 and a trained inspector will be happy to assist.